At Metropolis Comics our goal is to help you find any and every comic or pop culture item you could wish for. We have friendly staff available during our store hours that can help you find what you want on the web site or in our “brick and mortar” store.
UPS is only available for domestic shipments. As stated above, UPS has a much better delivery tracking system than USPS; they guarantee delivery, however, they do not deliver on Saturdays.Additionally, if you choose UPS, you must provide your street address, as UPS does not deliver to PO boxes.
Here are the different UPS shipping options:
- UPS Ground : On average, 1-6 business days to deliver anywhere in the continental US.
- UPS 3 Day Select : On average, 1-3 business days to deliver anywhere in the continental US.
- UPS 2nd Day Air : On average, 1-2 business days to deliver anywhere in the US including Alaska and Hawaii.
- UPS Next Day Air : On average, shipments are delivered the next business day.
Orders are shipped daily Monday to Friday (excluding holidays) for orders received by 10:00AM Pacific Standard Time (PST). All orders received after 10:00AM PST will be shipped the following business day (orders received after 10:00AM PST on Friday will be shipped the following Monday). If you need an order delivered the same day and it is after 10:00AM PST, please call our friendly staff at 562-263-0277 and we will do everything in our power to accommodate your wishes. If you need assistance in determining which the best option for your shipment is, once again, please contact our staff during business hours and we will help you in this process.
When calculating your shipping time, don’t count the day it ships. For instance, if you are ordering something UPS 2nd Day air and it’s Monday morning, Tuesday would be Day 1 and Wednesday would be Day 2.
Here are the different shipping options you can select for your purchase, but please remember the timetables listed below are based upon averages and may take longer depending on several factors (such as, when the items are ordered, weather delays, holidays, etc).
Here is more food for thought in determining the best option for delivery; the US Postal Service is generally cheaper for lighter weight products (smaller shipments such as 2 pounds or less) and UPS is generally more affordable for larger orders. US Postal Service does not guarantee delivery, whereas UPS guarantees their deliveries and have a 99% success rate for delivering shipments timely. Lastly, UPS has an excellent shipping tracking system compared to the US Postal Service.
United States Postal Service & Domestic within the U.S.
This is our preferred method of delivery. USPS has a standard flat rate delivery fee (which can accommodate most purchases), have very competitive delivery pricing for non-standard delivery and they have Saturday deliveries.
USPS Priority Mail
This is the best value for your shipping needs. Your items will be delivered (on average) within 1-3 days. The one downside of this option is that USPS does not guarantee the delivery time.
United States Postal Service International
There are different shipping options available for international deliveries, but it is difficult to determine with accuracy the delivery times for various shipments, because it varies in each country. USPS provides a delivery confirmation system, but it relies on the receiving country to update the tracking information (which does not always happen), as such, tracking international shipments are much more limited than tracking domestic shipments.
We only ship internationally with USPS.
Note: You may be required to pay a customs tax fee in your country (please contact your country is postal system to determine if any customs tax has to be paid).
The following shipping methods are available for International orders:
- USPS 1st Class International : International orders less than 4 pounds (i.e., light weight) can choose to send their shipment via USPS 1st Class International (this option is not available for shipments larger than 4 pounds). USPS 1st Class International is the least expensive shipping method for international orders. The US Postal Service does not provide delivery estimates for 1st Class International shipments, but generally orders shipped 1st Class International on average take 10-14 business days depending on the destination country (it may take longer depending on the country)
- USPS Priority International : Customers can choose USPS Priority International for any weight packages. The USPS estimates 6-10 business days for Priority International shipments (it may take longer depending on the country).
Returns and Exchanges
Returns and exchanges are not allowed for Comic Books, Toys and Game Cards. It is recommended, if you are concerned with your comic books being delivered damaged by the shipping carrier, purchase insurance for the item.
Returns and exchanges are allowed for apparel. The most common reason for returns and exchanges are due to clothing not fitting right (however, there may be other reasons, such as the wrong item was shipped or the item was delivered damaged). We try to provide detailed size charts and pictures of our apparel, however, each vendor may produce a slightly different large, medium, etc. We always try to do everything in our power to deliver high quality products and our goal is to satisfy every customer we are privileged to serve (this is our promise). All apparel must be returned in the condition it was received (i.e., no marks, stains, tears, etc) and in its original packaging. Returns and exchanges are available for 30 days from the date you receive your order.
All returns and exchanges should be mailed to:
16509 Bellflower Boulevard
Bellflower, CA 90706
Free shipping on all purchases of $50 or more except international orders.